Price GBP £10-00
Ten essays, nine of which were originally published in scholarly journals.
- Hutcheson, Hume and the Ontology of Morals. (1985) - A critique of David Norton's 1982 book David Hume - Common Sense Moralist, Sceptical Metaphysician.
- Hume, Spencer and the Standard of Morals. (1983)
- Egoism and Rigorism: Spencer's Resolution of a Moral Paradox. (1995) - not previously published
- On distinguishing between Love and Lust. (1977)
- Love and Lust revisited: Intentionality, Homosexuality and Moral Education. (1988) - A critique of aspects of Roger Scruton's 1986 book Sexual Desire.
- In Defence of Gay Lessons. (1988)
- Homosexuality and Education: a reply to Jim Ferguson. (1990)
- The Two Minds of Roger Scruton. (1991)
- Public Schools, Private Privilege and Common Sense. (1985) - A defence of independent education.
- Was Hume's Natural History of Religion inspired by Mandeville's Fable of the Bees Part II? (1995)
xii + 113 pages (royal 8vo), bound in good cloth
ISBN 0 9512594 4 X